It pays to belong to a professional trade organisation for the
access it provides to advice and help whenever needed.
We welcome members who are involved with any aspect of offering self-service laundry facilities to the public including Launderettes, Camping and Caravan sites, Universities, Hotels, Marinas etc. Costing just 20p per day, members benefit rom the following:
- A quarterly (members'-only) journal - Launderette and Cleaning World
- Health and safety manuals
- Guidelines for members on satisfying the demands of Health and Safety Officers on safe shop and business practices
- A window sticker (the colour is changed annually) to denote membership of the Association and adherence to a nationally-recognised Code of Practice
- Representation to Utilities' suppliers, the Health & Safety Executive, and Government departments on taxation and restrictive trade issues
- Access to an independent conciliation advisory service to help resolve disputes between members and customers
- A range of posters which need to be displayed - and official notices which it is required by law to display
- A Code of Practice to guide on customer satisfaction
- A 'Fighting Fund' to provide financial backing to meet the costs of legally challenging (in the Courts as necessary) damaging or unworkable legislation
- A professional secretariat to provide a back-up of information to members
- An online Forum with both public and Members-only areas for discussion and dissemination of information relating to our industry
- Access to a telephone helpline for legal advice on all business aspects of running a launderette
NALI is an active supporter of trade shows for the industry, promoting at independent company-sponsored events, and provides speakers for a wide variety of seminar events, including those held for environmental health officers.
Membership costs just £75 per year plus £10.00pa for each additional location if you have more than one shop. Renewals are due on September 1st and we offer a pro-rata reduction to new members joining part-way through a year - you will receive an invoice. Please use the form below to join us.
(All information given below is strictly for NALI use only - your details will not be shared with any third party)